Troy Bank & Trust was organized September 5, 1906, with capital stock of $50,000.00. Among the organizers and first directors were: Charles Henderson, W.C. Windham, and W.C. Black. The bank was first located on North Three Notch Street but moved in 1908 to 70 West Court Square. In 1926, it moved to the Northwest corner of the Square. In 1963, a new location was established at 300 North Three Notch Street and that remained the main office until 1992. At that time, the building became the Downtown branch and a new Main office building was constructed on US Highway 231 where it remains today. Troy Bank & Trust also has branches in the towns of Goshen, Ariton, and Brundidge. In July 2008 Troy Bank & Trust merged with The Peoples Bank of Coffee County, which created three new branches located in Elba, New Brockton, and Enterprise.
The first President of the bank was Governor Charles Henderson. He continued to serve as President until his death in 1937. Lane Enzor became President in 1937, followed by Corley Chapman, Sr., and James Fort. In June 1982, M. Douglas Mims became President and CEO. Gary Guthrie was named President and CEO in September, 1997. Following Mr. Guthrie's retirement, Jeff Kervin was named President & CEO in September 2010.
At the time of the organization of the bank, there were less than 20 stockholders. We now have 303 stockholders with the Charles Henderson Foundation owning over 51%.
Troy Bank & Trust has been serving this community for over a century. This dedication to serving the customers and this community is evident in the actions and activities of all of Troy Bank's officers, directors and staff. As an independent bank, our customers can expect decisions about their loans and deposits to be made right here. In addition, Troy Bank & Trust is committed to the fair and equal treatment of all its current and potential customers. The same people that our customers know and trust will make the ultimate decisions about their financial needs.
Troy Bank & Trust is committed to serving the needs of this community and has been doing so for over 100 years.